New York, NY
The Program Coordinator of the Global Leadership Program (GLP) is a full-time position responsible for the management, implementation, and further improvement of the one of AGBU’s flagship programs.
The Global Leadership Program offers college students of Armenian descent a summer of professional development, networking and community leadership exploration. Participants are placed in organizations to gain work experience in their industry of study, are matched with local mentors, attend lectures and participate in workshops and social events.
The Program Coordinator reports directly to the GLP Manager and will work to assist in the management of multiple locations of the GLP program around the world including New York, Boston, Buenos Aires, Los Angeles and London during the year, and will be focused on the New York operations during the summer.
- The Program Coordinator is expected to live with the interns and Global Leadership Program Activities Coordinator(s) on campus during the 8-week duration of the program.
To learn more about the Global Leadership Program, visit www.agbu-glp.org.
Program Management and Implementation
- Process and evaluate program applications and prepare files and reports as needed
- Manage execution of admissions notifications, including handling of wait list, financial aid applications, enrollment fees and rejection notices
- Provide guidance to accepted participants regarding resume presentation and interview process
- Cultivate relationships for summer supervisors and mentors
- Match participants with suitable summer work placements
- Secure housing for program participants
- Organize and run orientation sessions and key events for interns during the summer
- Hire and supervise the work of the summer Activities Coordinator(s)
- Develop a calendar of extra-curricular activities including training sessions, arranging guest speakers and social activities, including the annual Supervisors’ Reception
- Maintain budget and balance sheets or program
- Collect data from participants and supervisors for analysis, evaluation and program improvements
- Update content for program website and update the application form annually
- Handle social media content as needed
- Maintain database contacts
Supervisor and Alumni Relations
- Maintain relationships with supervisors, mentors and program alumni
- Identify prospective placement companies and continuously seek new business contacts
- Coordinate alumni engagement opportunities (for example inviting alumni as guest speakers, workshop leaders etc during summer programming)
- Assist with fundraising as needed
- Bachelor’s degree; Bachelor’s degree in Business Management a plus
- Minimum of three years of related experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all constituencies, including Global Leadership Program Committee, board members, volunteers, donors, staff, program participants and other key audiences
- Ability to research and familiarize with job market trends, employers, and industry leaders
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, show maturity, pay strong attention to detail, and multi-task
- Capable of working independently
- Familiarity with the Armenian community is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- United States citizenship or residency required
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
“LAST NAME, First Name GLP 2022 Program Coordinator Application”
Preference will be given to those who apply by or before Monday, July 25th, 2022.