New York, NY
The Activities Coordinator is a paid temporary full-time position that will begin on June 18, 2023 and end on August 12, 2023. This position requires the Activities Coordinator to live in the NYU dorms with the summer participants so that GLP staff will always be available for the participants and make them feel safe and comfortable during the program. The Activities Coordinator will serve as the first point of contact to the participants and will report to the Program Coordinator. The main responsibility areas will be community building, dorm supervision and guidance, and event management.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US in order to be considered for the position
- With the guidance of the Program Coordinator, manage the social and professional well-being of participants, both in and outside the dorms through team-building activities
- Lead efforts to establish a strong sense of community and a safe, trusting environment for all participants to flourish professionally, by conducting weekly check-ins with participants, providing resume editing, attending site visits, among other efforts
- Event brainstorming, planning and execution for daily social events and weekly professional development events
- Devote approximately 20-25 hours per week working in the AGBU Central Office, in addition to work done inside and outside of dorm life
- Serve as a capable and exemplary leader to the participants
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Program Coordinator
- Enthusiastic with a high energy level and a positive attitude
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly
- Proactive and willing and ready to take initiative
- Effective team player with the ability to work independently
- Mature problem solver with the ability to serve as a positive role model for participants
- Career and goal oriented
- Creative abilities
- AGBU Global Leader Program alumnus/a (formerly known as NYSIP) or experience as a university resident advisor
- Interest in professional development
- Interest in event and program management
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: LAST NAME, First Name GLP-NY 2023 Activities Coordinator Application
Preference will be given to those who apply by or before Friday, April 28th, 2023.
AGBU is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and employs regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or veteran status.