The Marketing Communications (MarComm) Manager will be responsible for communicating, coordinating and collaborating with chapters and committees under the jurisdiction of the Western Region office to create, design and deliver marketing materials to promote the programs and events of AGBU. The Manager will develop and direct all communications and marketing activity, including press releases, social media posts, websites and collateral materials that support regional programs and projects.
The Global Office in NYC has an aggressive growth and branding strategy in place for the Western Region and the Western Region Marketing Communications Manager will also work directly with the Global Office to execute the development and execution of the MarComm strategy. This individual will report to the to the Director of the Western Region Office and will regularly collaborate with the AGBU Global Communications Department in New York.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to promote and expand AGBU’s many programs and initiatives across the Western Region and its multiple audiences, both internal and external
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of press releases and collateral materials consistent with AGBU’s branding guidelines
- Work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants
- Create and implement new communications initiatives that support a dynamic community’s needs
- Identify marketing and media opportunities and create marketing and communications strategy and plan for Western Region
- Write monthly newsletters and feature highlights as emails to Western Region mailing list
- Design of communications collateral
- Develop local branding, social media output, advertising and promotional materials
- Update campus boards with current marketing materials, as well as coordinate with local organizations for postings
- Prepare and manage timelines for marketing projects
- Coordinate with the marketing team at the AGBU Central Office in NY and help with the implementation of Global campaigns and strategies
- Supervising the content of AGBU Western Region printed materials, website and social posts
- Produce campaign analytics reports as required
- Attend events and functions as needed
- Oversee photography/videography and documentation of local events as needed
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or Advertising
- 5+ years of professional experience working in marketing, social media or communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Canva
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Acrobat, Photoshop, and In-Design a plus but not requirement
- Strong knowledge of the Armenian community in California/western US, including organizations, traditional media (both Armenian and non-Armenian) and social media
- Strong creative eye for design with ability to design simple visual marketing content
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of marketing strategies, tactics and industry standards
- Ability to address multiple audiences while maintaining each brand’s voice
- Must possess strong knowledge of diverse media outlets, press, publications and other resources
- Ability to take initiative and propose new ideas, yet be open to ideas from others
- Ability to work in teams and small groups with diverse cultures and personalities
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends during special events; Travel may be required
- US citizenship or residency required
- Knowledge of the Armenian language a plus but not a requirement
*The Western Region Office currently covers a number of committees and communities in California with some limited extension to Nevada and Texas.
How to Apply:
In order for the application to be reviewed, please provide writing samples and your portfolio. Please send all requested information to email@example.com.
AGBU is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and employs regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or veteran status.