Camp Amaras is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, and organized individual to join the team as a seasonal Director of Camp Amaras and Amaras Kids Club related activities. The position involves up to 6 weeks of on-campus management of our summer camp in Pasadena, CA, which includes one full week of pre-camp logistical preparation and 4 full weeks of onsite camp. The Amaras Kids Club component includes 3-one day camp offerings during major holidays. It also includes 2 additional Kids club events/activities. The camp has great potential and has garnered a loyal following. We are looking to grow in number and enhance programming.
- Plan weekly themes and daily activities/curriculum for camp for each group
- Manage and hire summer counselors and staff, set scheduling accordingly
- Plan and book field trips that are within approved budget, invite community guests to campus as speakers and presenters
- Plan and oversee menu/snacks for summer — collaborate with Grounds Manager for purchasing
- Make presentations to recruit new camp families
- Organize and run the staff training, including coordination with CPR/First Aid
- Manage camp inventory for activities including supplies, camp shirts etc.
- Prepare and decorate camp rooms days prior to camp start date
- Manage staff and volunteer schedules, oversee any personnel matters
- Continue to manage camp social media and post activities regularly
- Manage weekly communications to families using provided firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- Make record of any disciplinary actions taken (campers and staff)
- Keep track of daily attendance, finances etc.
- Organize the end of summer talent show
- Develop and conduct end of summer survey for campers, parents, and staff
- Report needs to office
- Manage parent inquiries
- Ensure property is in good repair
- Provide comprehensive summary report of the season
Amaras Kids Club
- Coordinate one day camp offerings for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter (3 total)
- Plan 2 additional Kids Club events, such as a Saturday morning book reading, etc.
- Coordination responsibilities as above
- Camp Amaras Summer term: May 8 — August 11, 2023
- Amaras Kids Club (5 one day camp sessions) term: August 14, 2023 — April 30, 2024
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
AGBU is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and employs regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or veteran status.