Click here to download the PDF (3.39MB) of the April 2011 edition of AGBU Melbourne’s Nor Tsayn Newsletter.
On March 18, a group of 50 Chicago community members attended a special encore performance by the Lyric Opera of Georges Bizet’s Carmen under the baton of French conductor Alain Altinoglu. Oscar Tatosian, a member of the Lyric’s Guild Board, collaborated with AGBU Chicago to organize the outing, which included a special reception for Maestro Altinoglu following the performance.
IN THIS ISSUE
- Presidency of CIS Council of Interregional and Cross-border Cooperation passed to Armenia
- Sargsyan, Ahmadinejad discuss cooperation issues
- Bako Sahakyan received chairman of the public council under the minister of defense of the RA
- Analyst: Official Baku reduces number of Azerbaijani victims and missed at Karabakh war
- Karine Atchmeyan urges “Heritage” to return back to parliament
- Bako Sahakyan receives ARF members
- Davit Babayan: Artsakh party has not occupied territories but liberated
- Turkish Court sentenced Orhan Pamuk for the expression “Turks have killed 1 million Armenians and 30 thousand Kurds”
- Tigran Balayan: Armenia agrees with co-chairs that only peaceful regulation can provide more distinct prospects for the region
- Brussels criticizes Turkey for dismantling monument symbolizing reconcilement with Armenia
- Serzh Sargsyan attaches importance to multilateral cooperation with Ghana
- Mekhak Apresyan says www.armhotels.am to promote the development of tourism in Armenia
- Conference on South Caucasus in French parliament
- March 27 – international day of theatre
- 20 Armenian artists to visit Ani
- International Book Exhibition in Yerevan
- Armenian film directors’ films at 30th international film festival of Istanbul
- A week of literature for children and juniors in Armenia
- 500 documentary films digitalized at the National Archive
- Meeting with teachers at Writers Union
- Rich Goldman and Ralph Yirikian became members of the Armenian Engineering Academy
- Ashot Kocharyan – honorable president of Lebanon-Armenian friendship association
- Armenian, Ukrainian universities sign cooperation agreement
- 290 loans refunded within the framework of “Available Apartment for Young Family” program
- Police undertakes serious measures to organize Armenia-Russia match properly
- Armenia-Russia – 0:0
Click here to download the PDF (75KB) of the latest AGBU Armenia News Bulletin.
We received the following report from the AGBU Alex Manoogian Saturday School in Sydney, Australia:
The AGBU Alex Manoogian Saturday School End of Year Concert took place on Sunday, December 5, 2010 at the AGBU Centre in Sydney, Australia. The concert was a huge success with a great performance from the school as a whole.
In October 2010, the local AGBU hosted an art exhibit in the Haig and Isabel Berberian Hall of St. Paul Armenian Church. Residents of all ages from the San Joaquin Valley were invited to exhibit their best work in the following media: oil, water color, acrylics, photography, sculpture and poetry. The exhibit was well attended and represented the art work of over 30 valley residents.
In January 2011, AGBU Fresno held a luncheon with special guest Professor Abraham Terian, formerly with St. Nersess Armenian Seminary and Visiting Professor at California State University, Fresno. The luncheon was held at the Charlie Keyan Armenian Community School. Principal Sophie Mekhitarian greeted guests and took all to see the progress of the school’s building project, after the program. Professor Terian spoke on his upcoming publication of Koriun’s Life of Mashdots. AGBU members and guests were updated on chapter activities planned for 2011 by Chairlady, Zaroohi Der Mugrdechian.