AGBU's Musical Armenia Program (MAP) is a three-week summer initiative that connects aspiring and professional artists with Armenia’s rich musical heritage.
Download Application for Musical Armenia Program 2017
Learn about an ancient musical tradition
during an unforgettable summer in Yerevan
While living in Yerevan, participants take master classes and go to specialized lectures, train and network with top musicians, perform at local venues, attend concerts and festivals, and establish professional connections.
Through organized activities and country-wide tours, MAP artists go beyond the classroom and concert halls, discovering the sights and sounds that inspire them.
Want to learn more? Our alumni can tell you what they loved most about MAP. Send us an email and we’ll put you in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAP’s one-on-one lessons with world-renowned artists focus on:
MAP’s workshops cover the history of Armenian music, including:
- Western classical and Armenian traditional instruments
- Vocal training
- Ancient notational system (khaz)
- Armenian composers of the Ottoman Empire
- Minstrel (ashugh)
Dates and Deadlines
July 10 – July 30, 2017
Nagorno-Karabakh Trip Dates:
July 5 - 9, 2017
May 15, 2017
Notification of Acceptance:
May 19, 2017
Financial Aid Deadline:
June 5, 2017
Program Packages and Pricing
MAP applicants may choose from one of three customized packages.
The application fee for each package is $50.
Financial aid is available only for applicants to the Full Immersion with Housing Package.
Please note that the fees do not include airfare. Applicants are responsible for securing their own transportation.
Full Immersion with Housing -> $1,500
Full Immersion without Housing -> $1,000
- Open to applicants ages 18+
- Includes housing in an AGBU residence in Yerevan
- Includes all MAP courses, lectures and activities, as well as local transportation, and select meals
MAP Lecture Series-> $300
- Open to applicants ages 15 and up
- Includes all MAP courses, lectures and activities
- Participants are responsible for securing their own housing
- Enroll in a series of 14 lectures on the history of Armenian music
- Select MAP activities and tours are available for an additional cost
- Open to applicants ages 15 and over
- Does NOT include all MAP activities.
- Lecture Series participants are responsible for securing their own housing.
An optional four-day trip (July 5 – 9) to Nagorno-Karabakh is available to all participants for an additional, all-inclusive $200. Please note that participants under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a legal guardian for this trip (for an additional $200).
- All applicants applying to Full Immersion must have training as instrumentalists or vocalists, or in composition and conducting (no musical training is required to participate in the MAP Lecture Series).
- Program is open to professional and amateur musicians.
- Ages 15 and up.
- MAP is open to applicants of all nationalities and heritages.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by and reside with a legal guardian throughout the duration of the program
Email your application to: email@example.com