AGBU’s well recognized schools have always strived for academic excellence. Their comprehensive curricula, with a focus on the arts, humanities and sciences, keep students constantly challenged.
All of the institutions follow and apply the requirements of the countries in which they operate and remain fully integrated within the social and cultural environment of their respective local communities. At the same time, AGBU schools maintain an emphasis on learning Armenian language, culture and history through traditional and innovative instruction, including the use of virtual classrooms with the Armenian Virtual College (AVC) and organized trips to Armenia. A recent addition to certain curricula includes the establishment of exchange programs for AGBU schools, further enhancing the experience of students and educators alike. Programming in all our schools continues to evolve to ensure students receive quality education comparable with top local institutions.
A supplement to Armenian curriculum in schools, the Armenian Virtual College (AVC), has proven to be an invaluable resource to students by not only assisting in instruction in courses but by also conducting joint conferences amongst students on a global e-learning platform. AVC has become an equally important resource to those who do not have traditional schools in their communities providing a respected venue for students seeking college-level instruction in Armenian language, history, religion, architecture and arts.
Every year, AGBU serves close to 5,000 students. In addition to our day schools that span a range of grade levels from Pre-K -12, the AGBU extension schools and summer academies guarantee that AGBU youth around the world receive a high-quality education, no matter what the day or season.
• Argentina, Buenos Aires: Marie Manoogian Institute
• Australia, Sydney: Alexander Primary School
• Canada, Montreal: Ecole Alex Manoogian
• Greece, Athens: Artaki Kalpakian School
• Lebanon, Antelias: Boghos K. Garmirian School
• Lebanon, Sin El Fil: Levon G. Nazarian School
• Lebanon, Sin El Fil: Tarouhy-Hovagimian School
• Syria, Damascus: Gullabi Gulbenkian School
• Syria, Aleppo: Lazar Najarian-Calouste Gulbenkian School
• United States, Canoga Park: Manoogian-Demirdjian School
• United States, Detroit (Southfield): Alex & Marie Manoogian School
• United States, Pasadena: Vatche & Tamar Manoukian High School
• Uruguay, Montevideo: Nubarian-Manoogian School
• Australia, Sydney: Alex Manoogian Saturday School
• Bulgaria, Dobrich: Saturday School
• Bulgaria, Haskovo: Saturday School
• Bulgaria, Plovdiv: Saturday School
• Bulgaria, Sofia: HayLer Sunday School
• France, Paris: Alex Manoogian Saturday School
• France, Vienne: Weekly School
• Iraq, Baghdad: Yerchanik Tajirian Summer School
• Lebanon, Antelias: Demirdjian Center Saturday School
• USA, Chicago: Sisag H. Varjabedian Saturday School
• USA, Orange County: AGBU Saturday School
To take a closer look at each of our schools, please visit Directory for contact information.